[GNC] Accidental Loss of All Existing Tabs

Liz Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Sun Dec 5 15:44:53 EST 2021

On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 13:55:51 -0500
<paul at kroitor.ca> wrote:

> Or is there another way of preventing this mishap?

I keep my computer setup sane by having multiple desktops, for
different purposes. I understand that you can now do this in Windows.

I also keep all my Gnucash windows smaller than the maximum size of my
screen. I assume you have done this to maximise the use of multiple
program windows.

I was thinking that if you used a separate desktop for each company you
would not have covered the register windows with any other window and
wouldn't be caught.

Another hack is to carefully set everything up, close the books
carefully and then set the file which records this to read-only.

Liz