[GNC] data transfer to new computer

Leo Bolta lbolta at protonmail.com
Sun Dec 5 14:21:26 EST 2021

Hello,

I purchased a new PC computer (w/Windows 10) and had the computer shop where I purchased it, transfer my data to the new computer. I download the latest version 4.8a but can't get the computer to recognize the data.

I found some gnucash files in my file manager and dragged and dropped those files into the gnucash icon on the desktop and now see those files with attempts to open them using the file-open menu.

My unsuccessful attempt at opening them results in a pop-up message saying:

"No suitable backend was found for C:\users\desktop\gnucash\savedreports-2.4-backup."

If someone could please advise on next steps.

Thank you,

Leo

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.