[GNC] The correct way to account for prepaid things that comes with bonuses

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Mon Dec 6 12:01:20 EST 2021

Hi!

I wanted to more correctly account for the local "moped sharing" company
we have here, which offers to buy a prepaid package that comes with a
bonus.

In this case, I bought a 90€ package that comes with a 40€ bonus, so my
in-app wallet is credited with 130€.
I planned to store that 130€ in Assets:PrepaidExpenses, to be whittled
down whenever I do rent a moped, at which point it's expensed.

Now, that sounds all fine to me, but I'm not really sure where those 40€
should come from.

Right now I did:

2021-10-08  Buy package
                            Assets:PrepaidExpenses:Moped   130.00
                            Liabilities:CreditsCards:……             90.00
                            Income:Bonuses                          40.00

2021-11-04  Rental
                            Assets:PrepaidExpenses:Moped            4.93
                            Expenses:Travel:Rental            4.93
(etc)

But I don't think that should really come from Income: :\

Opinion/suggestions/recommendations? :)

Thank you in advance!

--
regards,