[GNC] Bitcoin is legal currency in El Salvador - why notadd BTC?

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Thu Dec 9 17:57:05 EST 2021

On 12/9/2021 4:20 PM, David G. Pickett via gnucash-user wrote:
> I would think you can treat it as a security and probably get quotes imported just like for stocks.  But I suppose that begs the question of how easily you could receive BTC or the like into one of your security accounts.  Does GNUCash do income in securities?

I will repeat, it is a big assumption "probably get quotes imported just
like for stocks". You can get quotes for widely held publicly traded
stocks. Stocks that are liquid. Far less easy to place a value on
closely held stocks or any stocks that are not publicly traded on a
major exchange. Do you know what OTC or "pink sheets" mean?

Michael D Novack