[GNC] Changing colors and layout on 4.8

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Dec 10 00:00:44 EST 2021

The wiki has a 'file locations' map for each major OS. Be certain if you
are on Windows that you are following the map for the current version.
They changed at least from 2.x to 3.x, and may have been changed again.
(I don't use Windows, so can't advise, but it should be obvious in the Wiki)

As for non-focused issues, I can at least report that this does not
happen to me on MacOS. Something else might be amiss.

If I recall, each OS is on a different GTK+ version, so some CSS
directives will behave differently. (as well as the default GTK itself)
The key to solving this would be to use the GTK Inspector as the Wiki
describes, but I don't think that is available on Windows. You'd have to
fire up a virtual machine, install GnuCash in it, then inspect the
various tabs/windows of the app to find out what is going on. And then,
if the problem does not re-appear in Linux, then...

Another option "might" be to try WSL, but I don't know if the Inspector
will then work on a Windows app, or if you have to install GnuCash via
WSL too. (and then you're right back at the same problem with a VM and
different GTK versions)

Regards,
Adrien