[GNC] Does anyone produce a "UK balance sheet" (FRS 102) ?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 12:47:51 EST 2021

On Mon, 13 Dec 2021 at 04:02, Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> The Wiki has links to the relevant materials for writing custom reports
> if you have to dive that deep.

When I get more used to GnuCash, I might take a look at that.

> And since you're requesting this for the UK, I'd bet someone else
> already has this need, and might very well have fulfilled it. There
> isn't a 'user repository' of custom reports, but if any exist for this
> case, maybe someone was kind enough to post the report code publicly.

 I was rather hoping that someone else might have done it., since I suspect
that there are a lot of UK users. If I ever manage to get competent at it,
I might even be able to convince my accountant to suggest others look at it.

A  “user repository” of customisations would not be quite a good idea.
Obviously some things are very specific to a jurisdiction, so it would be
virtually impossible for the main development team to handle, although I
did notice an Australian tax invoice on one of the menus. But overall, a
repository of user contributions would be a good idea. Maybe such reports
should have a disclaimer at the top, where a user would have to remove if
they wanted to. That should avoid any legal issues.

> Regards,
> Adrien

Dave
--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United
Kingdom