[GNC] Dependency on AqBanking data (gnucash files referencing .aqbanking/settings6/accounts/$NUM)

Justin justinvallon at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 20:45:39 EST 2021

I moved GnuCash from one machine to another, and found that I had
trouble recreating the online transaction downloads.

I was able to setup four accounts, but setting up the fifth account led
to an odd situation/bug where CreditCard account's downloads would
attempt to post to CheckingAccount.  I went looking through the
.aqbanking directory, and found that in my old machine,
settings6/account/0000007 was pointing to CheckingAccount, but on my new
machine, 0000007 was CreditCard.

Copying .aqbanking data from old machine to new machine fixed the
transaction download trouble.

 From a data point of view, it appears the gnucash file references the
.aqbanking account-id.  Moving to a new machine might give different
.aqbanking data, and therefore, the account-id would reference the wrong
account.

I tried to remove online association, then readding it, but even though
the account association did show that "CreditCard acct 12345" was
referencing gnucash account "CreditCard", the download still would try
to post (and did post) to CheckingAccount.

This does not seem like good behavior.

If this is news to anybody, or maybe in need of a bug report, I can
provide more details.

-Justin