[GNC] 4.9 on Ubuntu 20.04 not saving preferences

Tim Kallmer tkallmer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 12:10:20 EST 2021

I built 4.9 and installed in home/[user]/.local over my previous 4.6
version. Everything went smoothly, but each time I start GC, it is like it
is a fresh start with no preferences saved, no splash screen, and the
working file not remembered. My working file does open when I select it
manually, but account colors do not show even after changing the
preference. All of the registers have white backgrounds also.

I tried it twice, once with cmake and another time with ninja. Both
installs are acting the same. I am not blocking localhost or 127.0.0.1.
Ideas?