[GNC] GNC 4.9 build with libicu library versions

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Dec 22 06:37:39 EST 2021

Op woensdag 22 december 2021 05:41:17 CET schreef Mike Commissaris:
> But when I tried to build 4.9 on our office desktop I got the libicu
> version failure. The desktop has:
> kernel 5.10.0
> gcc Debian 8.3.0-6
> cmake 3.13.4
> make 4.2.1
> I had to downgrade and lock to libicu63.1 for successful 4.9 build.
>
> All other GNC dependencies require a "version or higher" situation.
> So  my question is why are libicu and libicu-dev libraries not the same as
> far as accepting the higher version? Can I upgrade something to allow
> version 67?

Hi Mike,

GnuCash depends on WebkitGtk, which in turn depends on libicu. I know we have to version-
lock icu in the Windows build of gnucash to match the icu version that is required by
WebkitGtk. Perhaps it's WebkitGtk as well that's preventing you from using a more recent
version of libicu in your office ?

Regards,

Geert