[GNC] Dependency on AqBanking data (gnucash files referencing NUM in .aqbanking/settings6/accounts/$NUM)

Justin justinvallon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 13:37:49 EST 2021

On 12/22/21 8:14 PM, Liz wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2021 17:13:58 -0000
> "Fred Bone" <Fred at mandfb.me.uk> wrote:
>> On 21 December 2021 at 10:48, Justin said:
>>> I hadn't received "[GNC]" stamped copy.  I just checked my
>>> subscription options, and I am supposed to be receiving a copy of
>>> mail sent to the list.  Odd.  I turned on ack emails for next time.
>> Why odd? You're using Gmail. This is expected behaviour.
> Fred's correct, the point at which you lose the mail is Gmail. If you
> check in your "Allmail" you could find them there.

Not sure why it would be normal behavior for an email server to de-dup a
received message because I sent it.  I can understand dedup on inbound
mail, but it seems odd that it would suppress a received message because
I sent it.

GNU Mailman has an option to "send me copies of my submission", so it
seems that typical mailing-list behavior would be to see those messages
on the client if they are sent back to you.  In the current case, I have
no idea whether the submitted mail was not spam-blocked or dropped by
the list server.  I need to login to the archive to confirm that my
message was received.  "send me copies" insures that I see the '[GNC]'
stamped copy of the email (sorted into a list-id folder).

That is, the fact that Mailman has an option to send copies of my
submission indicates that deduping received based on what was sent is
not the typical (SMTP) behavior.

I forward my gmail to home server, but it sounds like that wouldn't make
a difference.  I did not receive a forwarded copy of the second email,
so the dedup must be happening before that.  My forwarding is setup to
forward to home-address, and delete; my allmail is empty.