[GNC] Correcting reconciles

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Dec 24 12:22:20 EST 2021

There's no shortcut to finding out why you are out of balance. There are
'math tricks' however to guide you. For example, if the unbalanced
amount ends with a '9' there is a decent probability you transposed
digits somewhere.

Un-reconciling doesn't delete anything. I'm not sure what you are
describing there.

Un-reconciling simply is removing the 'y' ("yes") flag in the 'r'
("reconciled?") column and changing it to 'n' ("no").

It doesn't affect any balances. The flag is just for you to know that
you have verified the transaction is correct and matches a statement
from your financial institution.

Un-reconciling then, will mark the transaction as 'unverified'. You can
filter your register view to show only un-reconciled transactions so you
can then do research and find out why it doesn't match, or in fact if it
does, then mark it as reconciled.

If ALL transactions are reconciled that doesn't mean your balances are
0.00, it just means that whatever the balance happens to be, you have
verified it to be correct.

Regards,
Adrien