[GNC] Correcting reconciles

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 19:07:24 EST 2021

One more issue that I rarely see mentioned in these discussions about
reconciliation problems is that there are some cases where attempting to
correct an error in one account of a transaction can unreconcile a
different account in that same transaction.  At the moment I cannot
elaborate on a specific example, but I recall that has been a problem for
me  in the past.  I think it may be when I wanted to change the date,
description or the transaction number, which will affect all split lines in
the transaction.

On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 5:52 PM Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> Uncheck: Preferences > Register > Reconciling > 'Check Cleared
> Transactions'
>
> I have this turned on, because if I've 'cleared' them in the register, I
> already know they are correct and reported by the institution. Thus I'd
> only have non-cleared transactions left to reconcile, saving me time.
>
> I think for those that download transactions as well as entering them by
> hand, the import will 'clear' them automatically. (or there is the
> option to)
>
> But if you prefer to check them all over again, uncheck that preference.
> (you can still 'clear' transactions directly in the register of course)
>
> Or, don't mark them 'cleared' in the register, and only mark them as
> 'reconciled'.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> On 12/27/21 4:23 PM, davidcousens49 at gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > I personally find the automatic ticking a problem and I  prefer to tick
> off the
> > transactions as I match them to those of the external statement.

David Carlson