[GNC] Exporting Data

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 19:32:06 EST 2021

Usually GnuCash will allow any change to previous transactions, although
some are more difficult if they reside in accounts marked hidden or
placeholder, which may require extra steps or voided transactions also need
to be unvoided.  Almost the only thing that cannot be undone would ba a
transaction or account deletion.  So I cannot envision a need for the
radical surgery that you are proposing.  Even if you need to re-reconcile a
transaction from several months back, sometimes there is a work-around that
will save a lot of labor.  The easiest, of course, would be to simply
reconcile in the next monthly reconcile, allowing the reconciliation date
error to exist, but if there is a need to make that date correct, there are
a couple of ways to do it.  Both ways that I can think of are too complex
for this short email, and I have not actually tried either one.

If you can describe what you need to fix in more detail, someone here may
have a suggestion.

On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 5:09 PM Rogier F. van Vlissingen <vliscony at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If I want to redo a year, is the only way to redo it to export the data and
> set it up all over again?
>
> Or is there another way of rolling back all my reconciliations.
>
> Reason is, I seem to have a corruption in my last December (2020), and
> there appears to be no way to fix it, so it seems I have to redo the year.
> I had no monthly backups as I did the whole year in one session.
>
> If this approach is indeed the right one then how do I lose the
> reconciliations when I export? Do I have to manually fix them when it's in
> .CSV format?
>
> Also, I thought I saw somewhere how to export a chart of accounts, but I
> cannot find it now?
>
> <
> http://rogierfentenervanvlissingen.me?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api&utm_content=thumb
> >
> Rogier Fentener van Vlissingen <http://rogierfentenervanvlissingen.me>