[GNC] Exporting Data

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Dec 27 19:40:37 EST 2021

First: File > Export > Export Account Tree in CSV is what you were
looking for.

Second: if you have a backup as of 12/31/20 then make it your current
file and start 2021 over again.

I've never had to do this, so not sure if the reconcile column flag is
in the transaction CSV, but I suspect it is.

Simply open it in a spreadsheet and select that column and do a
Find/Replace or a Fill-Down operation and change every transaction to
'n'. Then when you do your import, they won't be marked reconciled.

Even if they stay marked that way, if you import into a backup copy of
the 2020 book, it will be missing the actual reconciliations performed,
so they may come in as simply 'cleared'. ('c')

And I'd suggest importing one month at a time, doing reconciliations,
making a backup copy for just in case, then proceeding. (in that same
book) At least then if you mess up again, you don't have to start over
from 1/1/21.

Third: I can't fathom a case where you can't 'fix' an errant previous
reconciliation. Did you find the offending transactions yet? What is the
problem with them?

Regards,
Adrien