[GNC] GNUCash & Macros

Glenn Fowler gfowler1 at outlook.com
Tue Dec 28 19:17:11 EST 2021

Hi Jack,

I have automated receipt data entry into GnuCash with a PowerShell script
and a receipt/invoice OCR API that runs daily for all of my books.
For new transaction entries, there won't be an auto-complete so I then use
a "hotkey" to activate macros to select the appropriate accounts. I can now
manage 19 individual books in seconds. I'm using KeePass for the macros
because I am already familiar with it. Yes, it's a password manager but the
auto-type feature can be used as a stand-alone macro as well.
So basically you'll have to make your own to accomplish what you want, but
it isn't hard. There is also AutoIT & AutoHotKey which I have heard are
good for macros as well but I haven't used them.

Here is what I have done if you want to take a look or it helps you:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GnuCash/comments/mugurm/automatically_scan_ocr_receipts_invoices/