[GNC] Simple Update Question

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Dec 28 20:30:41 EST 2021

If I recall correctly, the official policy is to support:

1. The last major GnuCash release,

2. On the oldest officially supported OS release.

This doesn't mean older versions won't work, (some people are still in
2.6.x land!) or that newer versions won't necessarily work on older OS
versions.

Since MS finally gave up the ghost for consumers on Win7, so did the
GnuCash team. This doesn't mean 4.x (or newer) won't run on Win7 unless
a dev specifically says so. (which may be included in various release
notes) But if you try this and something doesn't work, you'll likely be
directed to update your OS or roll back to a still supported GnuCash
version for that old OS. (always keep backups!)

Regards,
Adrien