[GNC] Changing the order of splits

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Dec 28 20:42:43 EST 2021

This might be overkill, but it might work too:

You could create an 'Invoice' and list the players/teams as line items.
(the 'Customer' here can just be 'Players' or some such and probably
doesn't matter)

In an invoice you *can* reorder the line items to suit your needs. (it
can be cumbersome to figure out, but *without selecting* a line item,
right-click on it and choose *move up/down*.

Now, when posting the invoice, uncheck the box to 'accumulate splits'.
(alternatively, this is can be set in Preferences > Business > General >
'Accumulate Splits on Post')

When you view one of the affected registers either in Show
Splits/Auto-Split/Transaction Journal mode, you'll see the split lines
in the same order as the line-items on the invoice.

You can then apply individual player payments to that invoice. This
won't let you track individual player AR, but it accomplishes your first
goal. And you can still see who paid for which game. Be sure to put
their name as the Description/Payee when recording the payment. (and
maybe the game date/info/number in the Notes/Memo field for good measure)

A Customer Report on that 'customer' can show 'document links' and
you'll see the individual player payments there too.

Regards,
Adrien