[GNC] access to backup Reports

Chuck chuck598 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 23:01:57 EST 2021

*What does accessing spreadsheets have to due with backup reports for
GnuCash?*
---***---
̀Tis the reasonI think I lost access to previous reports when re installing
gnucash
---***---

*If you installed GnuCash fresh on a new computer, you'll need to copy the
'saved-reports' files to their proper location on the new machine. These
locations have changed between some GnuCash versions. The wiki will show
you those locations for Linux.*
*---***---*
OK, so far I have not found where to move the backup.  Hope to find that in
WIKI, I hope.

*Thanks,Chuck598*

On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 8:48 PM Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> Please don't repost questions in new threads.
>
> You received a reply the last time, but I don't see that you answered
> the question asked of you.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "not being able to access spreadsheets
> after upgrade, had to downgrade for that to work."
>
> What does accessing spreadsheets have to due with backup reports for
> GnuCash?
>
> 'saved-reports' are your 'custom reports' where you've modified report
> preferences and saved them so you don't have to change all of those
> preferences each and every time you run a particular report.
>
> If you installed GnuCash fresh on a new computer, you'll need to copy
> the 'saved-reports' files to their proper location on the new machine.
> These locations have changed between some GnuCash versions.
>
> The wiki will show you those locations for Linux.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> On 12/28/21 9:35 PM, Chuck wrote:
> >   Have saved copy Gnucash/saved-reports-2.4-backup &
> > Gnucash/saved-reports-2.4 from before, had to replace computer due to
> age &
> > not being able to access spreadsheets after upgrade, had to downgrade for
> > that to work.
> >
> > How can I now access & use the backup files?
> >
> > OK I am an end user using pop-OS Linux 21.10?

*Sunday**, December 26, 2021*
*Luke 2:13-14*
*And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host
praising God, and saying,  Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace,
good will toward men. *
*For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love,
and of a sound mind.*
*2 Timothy 1:7*
*Let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes.*
*Ephesians 4:23 *
*“See if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so
much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.” *
*Malachi 3:10*

*Heavenly Father, You promised to pour out blessings on those who tithe in
Your name. Help us to take You at Your word and to trust in Your provision
as we give back to You and share our abundance with others. *
*Amen.*
*"Be Kind to our email friends"*

Forwarding this?  PLEASE REMOVE all email addresses before you send it on
using the BCC area When forwarding to several people at once.