[GNC] Incorrect QFX Import

Steve Cohen stevecoh2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 17:06:22 EST 2021

I downloaded all of 2021's transactions from my bank in QFX format and
tried to import the file.

As I was doing so, I noticed an anomaly.  I receive monthly direct deposits
from a pension, all arrive on or shortly after the first of each month, the
same amount every month. But on the QFX import screen, only 5 of the months
showed the deposit,
for January, May, August, September and December.  The other seven months
were not on the import screen. I tried sorting by date, by amount, by
description - they aren't there.

In an attempt to learn what was going on, I first checked my bank
statements.  Was the pension not being deposited?  No, that wasn't it, the
deposits came in every month as they were supposed to. I then opened the
QFX file in a text editor to see if the deposits were listed in the QFX.
They all were.  So I am trying to understand if there's a bug in the import
function that would throw these transactions away.

Here are the QFX entries from December and November. Perhaps someone
looking at them can tell me why the first one was accepted and the second
not? I see no important difference.

<STMTTRN>
<TRNTYPE>CREDIT
<DTPOSTED>20211201120000[0:GMT]