[GNC] "New" tutorials

Maurits Lamers maurits at weidestraat.nl
Mon Feb 1 12:01:57 EST 2021

Hi all,

I have been a user of gnucash for a few years now. I started using GnuCash through the manual posted as blog posts at http://accoo.nl/blog
I noticed however that this manual was not structured very well, certain things were not mentioned, parts of the manual were a bit out of date etc.

That manual and GnuCash itself were so useful however, that I wanted to do something back. I decided to restructure that manual and rewrite where necessary, adding things that I found missing in that manual, in a way that I could use it as a shortlist for myself when working with GnuCash.

I posted my Dutch version of the manual already quite some time ago on https://mauritslamers.github.io/boekhouden-met-gnucash/
On IRC I was asked whether I would consider translating that manual to English. I though that was a good idea, so I have created a new page where I have started translating the Dutch version. This version is being published at https://mauritslamers.github.io/bookkeeping-with-gnucash/
At the moment it is part English, part Dutch, but more and more pages will be translated.

Just like the Dutch version, the English version is intended for Dutch users, but I suspect many things will also apply for people in other European countries.

If you have any ideas or contributions: very welcome!

cheers

Maurits