[GNC] Finance::Quote sort of works, almost

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 20:16:53 EST 2021

Hi Andrea

Glad to be of some service :--)

I don't really understand what the GnuCash Namespace is intended for,
but it doesn't seem to make any difference in this case.  It is a useful
way of organizing your securities in the Security Editor.

I had a quick look at the Finance::Quote code for the ftfunds (Financial
Times Unit Trusts) module.  It works by accessing a specific Financial
Times web page for each security and "screen scraping" the data from the
page.  The problem is that the Financial Times web site has changed, and
the expected web page
(http://funds.ft.com/UK/Tearsheet/Summary?s=IE00BMWWJZ56) no longer
returns data.

What to do?

If you are familiar with the perl programming language, you could try
and fix the FTfunds.pm module yourself.  It should be using this web page:
https://markets.ft.com/data/funds/tearsheet/summary?s=IE00BMWWJZ56:EUR

Otherwise, you might be able to find some assistance on the
Finance::Quote web site here:
http://finance-quote.sourceforge.net/

Regards

Geoff