[GNC] RUNNING BALANCES

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Feb 5 12:03:33 EST 2021

I have noticed it, and that was exactly what I wanted, the balance of
the *account* as of those transactions, that is, a 'balance forward'
type situation at the beginning.

To be clear, you want a running balance of the transactions, starting
from zero, not the actual account balance as of those transactions?

There might be a way to get it fiddling with various reports or
settings, but if you can't find it or it doesn't exist, you can always
export to a spreadsheet (leaving that column off initially) and popping
in a Balance column filled with the proper formula.

A really bad idea, but doable, would be to create a reversing
transaction the date before your filter to zero the account. Just don't
forget to remove it when you are done! (maybe assign it to Imbalance or
Orphan so it will stand out)

Regards,
Adrien