[GNC] flatpak 4.4 reports anomaly

Elmar etschme at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 17:29:04 EST 2021

The sequence of events was that I had been running 3.8, but somehow it
started to fail badly, with CTD.  So I uninstalled that one and
reinstalled the one from the Mint repository, which was 2.6.19.  All
seemed well. I tried to reinstall 3.6 and then 3.8, then 3.11, but the
installs failed in weird ways, which I didn't bother to document - my
goal was to get to 4.4 anyway.  So I gave up and grabbed the flatpak of
4.4.  In all these versions, going up and down, the data file remained
perfect, and once I moved the "guts" of my aqbanking folder (archived
from version 3.8) into the correct folder for 4.4, my online banking
(downloads of transactions) also worked perfectly, and continue to
work.  The "guts" of the gnucash folder (the one holding the reports
templates) when copied from the 3.8 archive into the correct 4.4 folder
(under .var) seemed to go smoothly, and all my reports showed up fine,
and they run fine.  I just cannot edit or delete any one of them without
a CTD, and have to delete the settings6 folder to get them to show up
again.  All check and repair seems to do is look for imbalances across
the selected accounts, and it finds no problems.  It doesn't touch
report or online templates as far as I can see. So, as I said, my only
problem are editing my reports (running them works), and I see no way to
edit/resave them, since I CTD as soon as I try.