[GNC] flatpak 4.4 reports anomaly

Elmar etschme at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 07:58:29 EST 2021

Trying "flatpak run org.GnuCash.gnucash --logto=$HOME/gnucash.trace"

does not invoke the program and instead gives me

"error: app/org.GnuCash.gnucash/x86_64/master not installed"

Which is very odd, since it runs from the menu system fine.

- Elmar

On 2/11/21 3:59 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> The default trace file location on flatpak doesn't work indeed. By  > default the trace file will be written in /tmp and that folder is >
treated special by flatpak. The details aren't clear to me yet, but >
it's indeed safer to add the --logto option. You are free to use a >
file name there (for example "$HOME/ gnucash.trace") or stdout. > > Note
for completeness to start the flatpak edition of gnucash you'll >
probably have to invoke something more like this: flatpak run >
org.GnuCash.gnucash --logto="path-to-log-to-or-stdout" > > Regards, > >
Geert >