[GNC] How to get invoices to appear in the Reports|Tax schedule report?

Paul Kinzelman paul at kinzelman.com
Thu Feb 11 13:28:51 EST 2021

I'm running GC 4.4

I'm having trouble generating a tax report that includes paid invoices.
I'm not an accounting heavy-weight so I'm likely doing something wrong,
but I don't know what it is.

I created an invoice for a customer and posted it.
What I see is the money went into AccountsReceivable which is right.

Then they pay the invoice and I mark the invoice as paid.
The money goes from AccountsReceivable into Checking.
So when I look at the Checking account, the money says it
came from the AccountsReceivable account.

However, this money never appears in an Income account.
So when I do a Reports|TaxScheduleReport that amount
doesn't appear anywhere in the report so that income is missed
because AccountsReceivable is not set to be Tax Related but it
seems like it should be.

So if I go to Edit|TaxReport to try to make AccountsReceivable be tax
related, it does not give me the option to bind it to Schedule C
like all the other accounts allow. It allows only:
Tax Report Only - No TXF Report
F8606 IRA basis at beg of year
F8606 IRA basis at end of year
HomeWks Cost of new home

Shouldn't I be able to specify the AccountsReceivable account
to be binded to Schedule C Sales income?

To get around it I can change the entry in the checking account for
the amount to come from Income:Sales and it works but I shouldn't
have to do that.

Shouldn't a paid invoice amount (from AccountsReceivable)
somehow appear in Income:Sales? Or is
that for cash-basis accounting and I do want it in
Accounts:Receiveable for Accrual basis? And if so, shouldn't
AccountsReceivable be
able to be designated to appear in my Schedule C under Income?

TIA!
-Paul Kinzelman, Peralta NM