[GNC] Scheduled Transactions

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Feb 13 10:23:48 EST 2021

On 2/12/21 9:50 PM, bdp3 wrote:

> Questions:
> How can the Scheduled be re-run for prior periods?  Can this be done?  How?  Is it necessary to delete the Schedule and start all over with a new one?

Maybe, but if you have to re-create the SX (Scheduled Transaction) and
delete the current one, that isn't too painful. (unless you have lots of
SX in play for this case)

> The Schedule in question is basically a distribution of salary costs and benefits, may of which are direct percentage relations to salary.  Is it possible to enter formulas into the Schedule in such a way that all/most split-accounts are updated simply by changing the salary amount?

Yes, I've done that when trying to work out an 'envelope method' for
savings.

Use a variable in each split and name it something useful, like
"net_pay", then use a multiplier for the distribution:

net_pay*.0125, e.g. to set that split equal to 1.25% of net_pay

You'll want to carefully make sure your distributions add up to 100% of
net_pay or you'll end up with an Imbalance split. (which you can always
manually fix upon creation)

When the SX fires, you'll see a prompt to enter a value for 'net_pay',
then the SX will dutifully calculate and fill in the splits for you.

I highly recommend to always tick the box to "Review created
transactions", to make sure you don't have a rounding error creating an
Imbalance split.

Regards,
Adrien