[GNC] Scheduled Transactions

bdp3 bdp3 at gmx.com
Sun Feb 14 00:02:48 EST 2021

Thank you Adrien!

But I still don't understand HOW to rerun the SX using a date in the past... My SX has many lines and deleting/re-writing it would be a hassle.
    > Questions:
    > How can the Scheduled be re-run for prior periods?

Thanks for your help!
BDP

On 2/13/21, 7:25 AM, "gnucash-user on behalf of Adrien Monteleone" <gnucash-user-bounces+bdp3=gmx.com at gnucash.org on behalf of adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

    On 2/12/21 9:50 PM, bdp3 wrote:

    > Questions:
    > How can the Scheduled be re-run for prior periods?  Can this be done?  How?  Is it necessary to delete the Schedule and start all over with a new one?

    Maybe, but if you have to re-create the SX (Scheduled Transaction) and
    delete the current one, that isn't too painful. (unless you have lots of
    SX in play for this case)

    > The Schedule in question is basically a distribution of salary costs and benefits, may of which are direct percentage relations to salary.  Is it possible to enter formulas into the Schedule in such a way that all/most split-accounts are updated simply by changing the salary amount?

    Yes, I've done that when trying to work out an 'envelope method' for
    savings.

    Use a variable in each split and name it something useful, like
    "net_pay", then use a multiplier for the distribution:

    net_pay*.0125, e.g. to set that split equal to 1.25% of net_pay

    You'll want to carefully make sure your distributions add up to 100% of
    net_pay or you'll end up with an Imbalance split. (which you can always
    manually fix upon creation)

    When the SX fires, you'll see a prompt to enter a value for 'net_pay',
    then the SX will dutifully calculate and fill in the splits for you.

    I highly recommend to always tick the box to "Review created
    transactions", to make sure you don't have a rounding error creating an
    Imbalance split.

    Regards,
    Adrien