[GNC] Tab Rendering Flaw

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 19:56:19 EST 2021

For a few releases of GnuCash I have been seeing the account tabs rendered
strangely (the tab text and icons "floating" below the "tab area" of the
window).

I'm attaching a screenshot. (I added a red box around the text to highlight
it.)

I'm running GnuCash Version 4.4 (Build ID: Flathub 4.4-2) on Ubuntu 20.10,
and Ubuntu 18.04. HOWEVER I believe I have been seeing this since 3.8 or so
in self-built GnuCash installations. I haven't mentioned it before because
at first I assumed it was because of something I did in creating my
self-compiled package, but this has persisted after I switched to Flathub.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I find that the tabs spontaneously and
randomly get affected throughout the session, at first affecting a single
tab and then affecting more tabs.

In composing this message I wondered how the problem changes if I move the
tabs to the side [Preferences --> Window --> Tab], but on the side they
look even worse, and when moving the tabs to the bottom of the window the
text of the tab is completely gone (presumably off the bottom edge of the
window and not visible).

I just used Control-W to close a tab and then reopened the account and the
tab rendered correctly on the new attempt. SO for now I have a
workaround... well except for when it affects an ad-hoc report tab...

I would think that if this was common, folks would be complaining because
it makes it hard to deal with a lot of tabs when you can't read them easily.