[GNC] Tab Rendering Flaw

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 20:32:28 EST 2021

I have also seen this oddity.  I have seen it in release 3.8 in Ubuntu
20.04.  It has appeared on the tab for a report, usually after reloading
the report.  I think that it persists until I close the file and re-open it.

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 6:57 PM Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell at gmail.com>
wrote:

> For a few releases of GnuCash I have been seeing the account tabs rendered
> strangely (the tab text and icons "floating" below the "tab area" of the
> window).
>
> I'm attaching a screenshot. (I added a red box around the text to highlight
> it.)
>
> I'm running GnuCash Version 4.4 (Build ID: Flathub 4.4-2) on Ubuntu 20.10,
> and Ubuntu 18.04. HOWEVER I believe I have been seeing this since 3.8 or so
> in self-built GnuCash installations. I haven't mentioned it before because
> at first I assumed it was because of something I did in creating my
> self-compiled package, but this has persisted after I switched to Flathub.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this? I find that the tabs spontaneously and
> randomly get affected throughout the session, at first affecting a single
> tab and then affecting more tabs.
>
> In composing this message I wondered how the problem changes if I move the
> tabs to the side [Preferences --> Window --> Tab], but on the side they
> look even worse, and when moving the tabs to the bottom of the window the
> text of the tab is completely gone (presumably off the bottom edge of the
> window and not visible).
>
> I just used Control-W to close a tab and then reopened the account and the
> tab rendered correctly on the new attempt. SO for now I have a
> workaround... well except for when it affects an ad-hoc report tab...
>
> I would think that if this was common, folks would be complaining because
> it makes it hard to deal with a lot of tabs when you can't read them
> easily.

David Carlson