[GNC] Finance::Quote not Working on Macbook

bdp3 bdp3 at gmx.com
Mon Feb 15 23:55:58 EST 2021

Thanks, John, for the suggestion.  It ran--produced a lot of activity in the Terminal window.  The problems started immediately.

	This message was first...
		---- Unsatisfied dependencies detected during ----
		----       SBECK/Date-Manip-6.83.tar.gz       ----

	Then there was a whole lot of this message throughout...
		  Make had some problems, won't install
		  Delayed until after prerequisites

	Also had loads and loads of ...
		Warning: prerequisite < blah blah blah > with 'make => NO'. Continuing, but chances to succeed are limited.

	And if finally ended with these messages...
		Running make test
		  Can't test without successful make
		Running make install
		  Make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

Is there something else I can try, or another reference I can read?  I don't understand any of it and I'm thinking I did it wrong.

Thanks for all!  (Even if I don't know what that is.)
BP

On 2/15/21, 8:01 PM, "John Ralls" <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

    > On Feb 15, 2021, at 5:47 PM, bdp3 <bdp3 at gmx.com> wrote:
    >
    > Is anyone else having trouble making F:Q work on a Mac?  If not, maybe you can help me—I’m new here and I just don’t ‘get it’!
    >
    > I’m using GnuCash_4.4 on Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave).
    >
    > I downloaded version 1.49 from SourceForge.  There’s an ‘Applications’ folder at the hard-drive level, and an ‘Applications’ folder at the User folder level; I’ve tried unzipping FQ into both directories and still have no success.  I read the GnuCash wiki on Online Quotes; I have perl installed; I used CPAN; I’m getting lost in the weeds.  The ‘Security Edit’ page (for any given security which I have set up) shows the Online Checkbox greyed-out with the same message familiar to us: “Warning: Finance::Quote not installed properly”.   I also tried running “gnc-fq-check“ and “gnc-fq-update” – No Joy!
    >
    > What am I missing?
    >

    > Thanks much for anything you can tell me!!  (Pictures help – preferably in crayons or watercolors.)

    The only thing you tried that's right is gnc-fq-update. It needs sudo as shown in https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Online_Quotes#Installing_Finance::Quote_on_macOS_from_a_Terminal_prompt

    Regards,
    John Ralls