[GNC] Finance::Quote not Working on Macbook

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 00:57:52 EST 2021

Hi BP

Background:
To retrieve price data, GnuCash depends on a Perl module called
Finance-Quote.
Finance-Quote depends on other Perl modules, including one called
Date-Manip.
Date-Manip in turn also depends on other Perl modules.
These modules may depend on further Perl modules.
Etc etc.
Most of these dependencies are *not* included in the base Perl installation.

Your problem:
Based on the scant information you have provided, it appears that the
Date-Manip module can't be installed because of one or more missing
dependencies.

Your task:
Carefully track down all the missing dependencies and install them.

I have no experience with MacOS, but Google is your friend:
https://bioinformaticsonline.com/blog/view/29479/how-to-install-perl-modules-on-mac-os-x-in-easy-steps

Good luck, and report back with more details if you get stuck.

Geoff
=====