[GNC] OFX connections

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 11:36:06 EST 2021

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 23:27 John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure David was being facetious. There's approximately zero
> chance that any bank is going to undertake developing a new transfer
> protocol.

How many banks and financial houses still allow CVS download? All of ours
do: TD Ameritrade (recently bought by Schwab), Fidelity, Fidelity Credit
Card, Synovus Bank, Synovus Card Services, USAA (recently integrated
software-wise with Schwab), and American Express Credit Card.

How much effort to add a hook to GNU Cash to initiate the download?

How much effort to add a CVS to GNU Cash converter?

All of those CSV converters would probably require help from users having
accounts, and maybe a first step would be a Perl (or Raku) CSV => OFX (or
some other useful format) converter which I could help with.

I already have some converters from CSV to other formats for Fidelity and
TD Ameritrade products (in Raku), but I haven't looked at OFX in a long
time (I do not enjoy working with XML in the least, but converting to XML
is not so bad).

I would also be willing to donate to the effort if it were deemed feasible
and of interest.

-Tom