[GNC] Expense Over Time report

gnu Gord gnucashgord at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 18:07:03 EST 2021

I'm trying to understand this report and it just isn't working the way I
expect.
Below is a screenshot of my test chart of accounts, for reference.
I have one expense of $100 in account L3 and one expense of $500 in account
L4

If I ask for an Expense Over Time report and select L3 and* "Show Accounts
until Level" 3*, I get $600 in the report. If I select *"Show Accounts
until level" 4*, I get $100
If I select 2 or 1 in the "Show Account until level" I get nothing, which
is OK.
If I select 5 or 6 I get the same output as 4.

This is not the way I expected it to work.
I'm not really clear what the "Show Accounts until level" option is used
for. If I can select the account I want to be included/excluded in the
report why do I need to also specify the level?

Version: 4.4
Build ID: 4.4+(2020-12-28)

[image: image.png]