[GNC] Creating new file and accounts

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 02:50:45 EST 2021

James, good news - your reasoning is no longer valid.  If you check the
release notes for version 4.0 you will see this sensational new feature
was released:

"New type-ahead search added to sequential search when selecting an
account in the register: Instead of typing the first few characters of a
top level account, the separator, the first few characters of the next
level account and so on you may instead type a few characters of any
part of a full account name and the drop-list will be filtered to
contain only matching accounts. Once you have a small enough list you
can use the arrow keys to select the account that you want."

https://www.gnucash.org/news.phtml

So don't delay, upgrade today, and give your tired typing fingers a well
earned rest!

Regards

Geoff
=====
P.S.  THANK YOU to the crew that delivered this feature, it has made a
huge difference to data entry usability.