[GNC] Copying reports from one machine to another

randix butterandsalt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 17:47:04 EST 2021

I use dropbox as the location for my main GnuCash data file, accessible by
each of my laptops.

Since I don't update or create custom reports very often. on each of my
laptops I have 2 batch files that are easily accessible.  If I'm working on
Laptop A and update or create a customized report, I use one batch file
which automatically transfers the report file(s) from its dedicated
location, to dropbox.  Then on my other laptops I use another batch file
which automatically transfers the report file(s) from that laptop's dropbox
location, and copies them to the "correct" location on that laptop where
GnuCash reports are stored.

Might be an easier way, like using a sync program, but honestly, I update or
create customized reports so infrequently, the two versions of my batch
files in conjunction with dropbox work for me.

As someone else noted, it sure would be nicer if all of the reports, etc.,
were stored in the same location as the main GnuCash data file.