[GNC] Support message:// for transaction associations

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Jan 2 13:35:05 EST 2021

No, mailto: is different. It tells the mail client to create a new message with the header filled in with the URI. message: [1] opens a received message-id.

However, it's apparently supported only by Apple mail on macOS, so it doesn't really make sense to support it in GnuCash. One can easily use File>Export as PDF in Apple Mail and link to the saved PDF in GnuCash.

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] https://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes/prov/message