[GNC] Advanced Portfolio Report Issues

Dale Alspach alspachde at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 18:31:23 EST 2021

I am trying to use the Advanced Portfolio report (flatpak gnucash 4.4 on
linux mint) but have noticed some issues. Some may be attributable to
problems with handling transactions with splits. A few seem to be actual
bugs.
For mutual funds it appears that transactions from income accounts are
being treated as brokerage fees. A work-around seems to be to use an
intermediate asset account.
For a stock transaction I entered a sale which had a $0.12 fee with the fee
as negative income. The report made this a negative brokerage fee. When I
redid the transaction using an expense account the fee was reported
correctly as a positive $0.12 brokerage fee.

Dale