[GNC] Can't Get Online Quotes Using GnuCash

Michelle Le le.michelle.25 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 23:01:08 EST 2021

Hello,

I recently updated my GnuCash version to 4.4 and am trying the Stock
feature. I am running Windows 10 on my computer.

After installing Strawberry Perl manually, then clicking on "Install Online
Price Retrieval for GnuCash", the command prompt seems to run for about a
minute and ends with the following lines:

pl2bat.bat blib\script\dm_zdump
  SBECK/Date-Manip-6.83.tar.gz
  C:\Users\Michelle\AppData\Local\Temp\c\bin\gmake.exe -- OK

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to run the "gnc-fq-dump" test program, I
tried dragging it into the command prompt/opening it in GnuCash software,
however it didn't do anything. I reopened GnuCash and tried using the
Security Editor again, however the "Get Online Quotes" checkbox is still
greyed out and I can't select it.

Could you help me with this?

Thanks,
Michelle