[GNC] Can't Get Online Quotes Using GnuCash

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 17:29:12 EST 2021

Michelle,

It's a Perl script so open a command prompt and enter the following...

1. First just double check perl got installed ok...

perl -version

This should return something like....

This is perl 5, version 18, subversion 2 (v5.18.2) built for
MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-64int

Copyright 1987-2013, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

2. Then enter the following command, wait a minute or so and you'll get a
result.

perl "C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin\gnc-fq-check"   ---- you need the
quotes around the path to gnucash bin as it's got spaces in it.  I'm
assuming your install is in the same folder as mine but you might want to
double check it.

3. Then enter your gnc-fq-dump command as follows...

perl "C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin\gnc-fq-dump

Cheers David H.