[GNC] Amex won't let me access QFX data without a Quicken Account

Dean Gibson gnucash.stuff at mailpen.com
Mon Jan 4 19:30:10 EST 2021

You can still do it;  I just did seconds ago. You just have to login to
the AmEx web site, browse to downloads, & select the Quicken option.

You then have to import the file into GnuCash.  It's not as neat as just
doing it directly, but it does give you a backup file.

Chase bank did this about a year ago, & I use the above technique with
them as well.

Since I download the PDF statement at the same time as I download the
.QFX file, its not a big deal for me.

Much more of a problem is Schwab, which has adopted the same security
change as the above two firms, but (last I checked a month ago) has NOT
provided a download option within the website.