[GNC] Missing Account(s) in Type-Ahead Search

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Jan 5 14:40:18 EST 2021

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but I have several accounts that
don't show up as expected in the type-ahead search when selecting an
account for a split. (this is an awesome time saver by the way, and
thanks again to whomever coded it!)

I can't seem to find anything special about these accounts to give a
hint as to the problem. (none are marked as 'placeholder' or 'hidden'
for example)

Some background:

I have several asset accounts to track various savings for gifts I need
to purchase. (organized as "Assets::Savings:Gifts:etc.")

I have an additional set of several asset accounts to track balances on
various gift cards I have received. (organized as "Assets::Prepaid
Expenses:Gift Cards & Pre-Paid Cards:etc.")

I also have several expense accounts under an Expenses:Gifts node of my
account tree. (for when I give gifts to others, organized as
"Expenses:Gifts:etc.")

Finally, I have a single income account labeled as "Gifts Received" for
when people give to me. ("Revenue:Gifts Received")

When I type "gift" I get all of the savings accounts, all of the gift
card accounts, and *some* of the gift expense accounts, and do not get
the "Gifts Received" account at all.

Once I get to "gifts" then every expected account *except* the "Gifts
Received" account shows up.

If I proceed to "gifts " (with a trailing space) then, and only then
does the search show the "Gifts Received" account, which is the only one
shown as it is the only one with a space after 'gifts'.

A bug? Something wrong with my book?
Adrien