[GNC] How to stop shortcuts from appearing on the home screen after every every transaction is entered?

Bruce Irving idlegion39 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 12:42:08 EST 2021

On 2021-01-08 10:44, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I would argue that Log and Backup files are not temporary and should
> definitely not be treated as such.

I don't think we're that far apart. I don't delete them immediately, and
I don't suppose you really mean that these files, numbering in many
thousands after using GC for a few years, should be stored permanently.
The only question then is where to draw the retention line.

--
Stan Brown

As I have several GNC data files,  I start GNC by opening the data file.  I
used to fave soft links (in Linux - Shortcut in Windows).  Then I noticed
that I was getting links to the log files in whatever directory the
shortcut was in.  So now, I just navigate to the Data directory and double
click the data file to start it.
At the same time the above started, I was no longer seeing any backup
files.  For the following discussion, assume the dafa fille is
'be.gnucash'  So now, I manually make one by selecting  br.gnucash, copy
and paste into the same directory .   this gives a new file called br'
(copy).gnucash.  I then change its name to br.gnucash.yyyymmdd.gnucash.
[that is Year Month Day]  Then I open the original file.

Bruce