[GNC] How to use/add GAU currency?

D. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 11 09:03:48 EST 2021

Muhammad,

Although someone is likely to correct me, my understanding is that GnuCash uses  ISO-4217 for its currency definitions. There are no facilities in place to add user-defined currencies at this time, and I don't know whether there are plans under way to change this. There are many who use cryptocurrencies (like bitcoin) who would also like this feature. As I said, however, it isn't supported at this time.

As I understand, your only real option at this time is to set it up as a commodity (as you have done) and track them in a commodity account.

David T.