[GNC] Commission sales

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 13:41:04 EST 2021

The reason it matters that it is not revenue is that in this jurisdiction there is a subsidy based on reduction in revenue during COVID-19.  The neighbour’s  ability to sell was severely hampered so we helped out.   Before the pandemic we were not selling anything for him, nor did we have an online store.  So it doesn’t make sense to inflate revenue. For income tax purposes the difference is only what goes on what line of the tax forms and the end result is the same.

Regarding your side comment with the discount for early payment - yes we have at least two such vendors.  It would be nice if bills permitted discounts like invoices do, since there may be five line items with three accounts and I generally don’t but should allocate the discount proportionately.

Sent from my iPhone