[GNC] Commission sales

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jan 15 15:11:51 EST 2021

Sorry Adrien, my ISP bounced the list cc so you get to see this twice.

> On Jan 15, 2021, at 10:13 AM, Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:
>
> the devs seem to take the approach that it is extremely rare for customers to also be vendors and/or employees, or all three. From personal mom & pop small biz experience, I beg to differ, but I understand trying to accommodate such cases might be a bit messy for the code.)

Adrien,

I think that's mostly a justification of the internals, wherein a particular entity can be one of Customer, Employee, or Vendor and each of those types is closely coupled to the corresponding Invoice, Voucher, or Bill respectively.  The workaround is straightforward: If the same entity is both a customer and a vendor then create an entry for each role. If you want to "wash out" payables and receivables you can make an asset account for the other part of the transactions.

Regards,
John Ralls