[GNC] Setting up accounts for account number order

Peter S. Shenkin shenkin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 01:01:32 EST 2021

Edit each of the top-level accounts (via the Edit button).

Add exactly the account numbers you've just shown for each account. (You
can also add numbers to the subaccounts if they need to be in a specified
order, too. but they should all share the same first digit of their
superaccounts. If you don't add numbers to the subaccounts, they will still
appear under their superaccounts, but not in a fixed order.

Then, in the main window (list of accounts), click  the down arrow on the
upper right and check "Account Code", then click back in the main window to
dismiss the dialog. You should now see an Account Code column containing
the account numbers you entered earlier.

Click on the Account Code column's header cell to sort by Account Code. A
second click will reverse the sort order.

I hope this helps.

-P.