[GNC] Changing multiple transactions

Jeff Rizzo riz-gnucash at tastylime.net
Sun Jan 31 15:26:55 EST 2021

On 1/31/21 12:05 PM, Stephen M. Butler wrote:

> PS  If using a database back-end and you have experience as a database
> admin or programmer then use the database tools to effect the
> changes.  Again, make that backup first and loop around as needed
> until GnC looks good.

Yeah, since I'm using the sqlite back end I'd already thought about this
but was hoping there's a better way - I'll see how this goes.  Last year
at the job I had at the time I had to scold the software designers every
time I came across an admin function that required going to the database
directly - because we all know how bad an idea it is.  :)

> PPS  Backups are mandatory.

Yeah, they will be, once I get enough useful data in there that I don't
keep starting over from scratch.  Since I sent out the original email,
I've realized that it's any kind of bulk editing that will require this,
and turns out, apparently I really like to change multiple things at
once.  I'll give it a try and see if it's worth it.

Thanks for the response.

+j