[GNC] Apparent slow down with GnuCash 4.6

Tim Hume tim at nomuka.com
Thu Jul 1 04:49:15 EDT 2021

Hi,

Firstly, thanks to the developers for the new release. I'm on Fedora, so compiled 4.6 from source rather than waiting for it to get into the dnf system. Compilation was fairly straight forward, and I've been putting the new release to moderately heavy use for the last couple of days. So far nothing has broken on me. In a few days I'll be doing a big import of CSV transactions, so I'm curious to see if the crashing I previously experienced has been fixed (it felt like a memory leak, and I saw many memory leaks had been fixed).

Has anyone notice an apparent slow down when doing operations such as changing the date of a transaction? It could be just psychological, but I get the feeling I have to wait longer from when I push the "+" key to move the transaction date forward by a day than what I used to have to wait. Or it could be that my database has just become too big. Here in Australia we've just started the new financial year, so I might need to "close" the books and start a new database - my current one is becoming too unwieldy. But I'd really prefer to keep the current database file going - it's much easier than having to go through the palaver of starting up a new file.

Regards,

Tim Hume

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.