[GNC] Accounting for GST in Australia

Nathan Ellery ntellery at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 22:05:31 EDT 2021

Hi Christopher,
Thanks so much for meeting with Nathan and Lynda past Saturday afternoon.
We have had the opportunity to put your ideas into the live program and I
can report that the GST is now accruing in the appropriate Account in the
chart of accounts.
For anyone else following this post, the one thing we hadn't done is to
ensure that when creating an invoice, in the column headed 'tax table' that
we entered 'GST collected on Sales'. This points to the Tax table section,
which is set up with these words on the left side of the screen and the
relevant liability account on the right side.
You did show us how to 'print' a complying Australian GST invoice, but we
are unable to find this back again. Can you please let us know how to do
this?
Thanks again for your assistance,