[GNC] how to import a csv of transactions?

Arman Schwarz armanschwarz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 08:01:02 EDT 2021

I've tried on both 4.4 and 4.6 but it seems that importing csv transactions
is broken. Before I continue down this path, is csv importing an actually
supported feature or are the issues with it known? Normally I'd put more
effort into repro steps but I think it's so broken the devs hopefully
already know about it. Errors I encountered:

- Anything more than 200 transactions results in a fatal exception when
selecting "GnuCash export format"
- Account name is ignored, meaning you have to manually link every account.

I'm on windows.

Are there any working alternatives for getting transactions out of one
gnucash file and into another?

Sorry again for the lack of detail.

Arman